Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Jean Veloz, still dancing at age 88

If you've reading my blog for a while, you might remember me mentioning an original LA lindy hopper named Jean Veloz. She's revered as one of the most stylish and most inspirational swing dancers in LA during the early 40's, and she's still out dancing. A couple weeks ago Jean headed out to Herrang, Sweden, to teach and dance at their yearly event.

Here she is, with all her style and class, dancing with Marcus Koch at Herrang:


We all want to be her when we grow up.

For more on Jean Veloz, click the tag at the bottom.

6 comments:

  1. I just love this!!! Thanks for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First saw this link on Rebecca Brightley's Dance World Takeover blog yesterday and immediately wanted to know more about Jean Veloz. I looked at your earlier posts on her style and they are so, so helpful! She and Jewel are my new idols. What's amazing is that Jean's dancing is just as compelling now as ever. I think that shows that there is something deeper at work than just speed and tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband got a lesson from Jean on the first (I think) Lindy Cruise, he couldn't say enough good things about her when he got back. While it's unlikely I can keep up to near as good of health to keep dancing that long, especially that well, she's certainly an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, she's wonderful. It's great to see dancing still brings her so much joy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...